If you are planning to buy a car, you do your research, you ask friends and family members’ opinions, you even push your budget to buy the best car for your family. These days a car is not just a car. It’s like a new addition to your family. That’s why people take good care of their car and spend on timely servicing.
But did you know, even rats can cause unimaginable harm to your beloved car and ruin your happiness and peace of mind. That’s why you need to be proactive and protect your car from rats because it can’t protect itself.
Common car damages by rats
- Chewed engine wires are particularly the most common damage that rats can cause. If rodents chew away the insulation covering the wires, this can cause short circuits, resulting in expensive damage to the engine.
- Rats treat your car engine as a storeroom for food. Imagine rats are enjoying their dinner and you start the car, engine kicks into life and rats are startled. They panic and discard the food which can end up scattered around the engine, causing accident risks.
- Rodents can also harm the aesthetic appeal of the car. Rotting food and rat feces can, over time, lead to unpleasant smells in the car. Apart from this, scratching and tears caused by the rats can ruin the interior of your car.
If you are thinking, this hasn’t happened to your car yet and cannot happen to your car then you are making a mistake. Because, rats can reach anywhere if they decide. And once a rat has made its way to your car, there will be many of them paying visit to your car in no time.
It’s better to be safe than sorry. Even if some of the damages caused by rats may be covered under comprehensive insurance coverage, but it's better to avoid it in the first place. With that in mind, let's look at some ways you can stop rats from chewing on your car wires.
- Start your car regularly – rats are more likely to set up their nest in idle cars.
- Avoid eating food in your car.
- Watch for rodent activity near the car. Keep an eye out for tell-tale signs such as droppings, nibbled paper, etc.
- Install an ultrasonic rat repellent device in your car. This will constantly stop rats and other rodents from entering your car.
I hope this information will help you protect your car before anything happens to it because of pesky creatures like rats or mice. Don’t forget to buy the ultrasonic rat repellent – the first accessory for your car, if you have bought a new car or planning to buy one.
Share this blog with your family and friends if any of them is buying a new car or facing rat problem in their car.